So today I stumbled across the unaired Buffy The Vampire Slayer pilot, and I can totally see why it wasn’t originally picked up. It was so cheesy!!
It had a lot of the same dialogue, and a lot of the same cast, but still. I didn’t really like it. Although Buffy herself was still played by Sarah Michelle Gellar, and although her lines were very much the same, she seemed less ditzy to me.
For starters, there was no Angel. Also, there was no Jesse, no Joyce, and no real chemistry between the people. I guess it doesn’t help that it was only 25 minutes long instead of two 43-minute episodes that were the actual premiere, but still!!
And who was that playing Willow?? There was nothing wrong with her, really, but Alyson Hannigan did such a good job at playing the shy, awkward nerd that anyone else in that role seems off. Giles and Xander were still the same two actors (Anthony Stewart Head and Nicholas Brendon) that we love.
Although the library was much, much nicer, and definitely looked more like a library. There were actual books!! It seemed a little big for a high school, though.
In the end, I’m glad the show was picked up, as I love it to death. And I’m glad they made those changes. Can you imagine Buffy with no David Boreanaz?? It would so NOT have been the same!!
Anyways, feel free to take a look, if you haven’t see it before. Or re-watch it, if you have!!
- Okay, I Finally Watched It: Buffy the Vampire Slayer (thiswastv.com)
- Did the Gay Witches On “Buffy” Cause America To Accept Same-Sex Marriage? (theawl.com)
- ‘Reunited And It Feels So Good!’ (huffingtonpost.com)
- Dozen Beloved TV Characters Killed Off Too Soon (rr.com)
- Review: Buffy Season 9 Freefall (wegetgeek.com)
- The Most Fab Vamps of All (fabsugar.com)